Sensor not working

bwithambwitham
edited February 2009 in InfraSensing Sensors
Hello,

I just received the serverscheck temperature sensor today, and it doesnt seem to be working.

I notice it has a Cat 6 jack and a power jack, however i did not receive the power adapter for it.

Is there supposed to be a power adapter to make this product work?

Thanks

Comments

• bwithambwitham
    Please ignore the first question. I worked it out. Now i've reached the point of installation, however when i try to "check settings", i get this error:

The check has been performed.

Error returned: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

Do you know how i can troubleshoot this error?

Thanks
  • AdministratorAdministrator
    As indicated in the user manual, only a power adapter is required for the sensor box for the power sensor.

In respect to the error message. Is port 3001 open for communications with the remote device - no firewall in between? Is the Tibbo device configured as per user manual instructions? (port, baudrate etc.)

Also consider following post by TPSMC:

"I have resolved the issue myself. Apparently HP Servers with teamed network connections have problems communicating with the Tibbo devices. I hope this helps anyone else having similar issues."

http://www.serverscheck.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=8&TopicID=1334

Another had a similar issue: it was related to his network configuration and instead of using fixed IP for the Tibbo device he switched to DHCP which resolved the issue

A simply trick to test if the network connection to the device server works is as follows. On the system running the ServersCheck software, open the Windows Command Prompt. Launch following command where X.X.X.X is replaced by the IP of your Tibbo device

telnet X.X.X.X 3001

If the above command works, then you will see a full black screen once connected. If not the communication over port 3001 is not possible.

Take care when having multiple NIC's in the system hosting the software. Disable the other NIC's and see if then works
  • bwithambwitham
    Telnet doesnt work on Windows Vista, but i downloaded Putty and can connect that way. I am not using a HP server, and yes I have followed the directions. I am also using DHCP on the device. Any further suggestions are welcome
  • AdministratorAdministrator
    VISTA is not a supported platform for the ServersCheck Monitoring Software. Make sure that the service has network access while trying to connect to the sensor. You might want to let it run under Admin rights as a Windows service by default does not have network access. Make sure that .NET 1.1 is installed (.NET 2 or 3 is not good - it has to be .NET 1.1)

You can run the sensor in debug mode as follows:

1/ Go the agents subdirectory

2/ Open the Windows command prompt in that directory and type:

sensor_check -L log.txt -C TCP X.X.X.X:3001

where you replace X.X.X.X with the IP address of the Tibbo device
This discussion has been closed.