Temperature Sensor Problem on VM

PierrePierre
edited December 2009 in InfraSensing Sensors
Hi all,

I installed recently servercheck v7.15.10 on a virtual machine Windows XP SP3 hosted on ESXi 4.0 Update1

I imported settings and rules from my actual production Servercheck(same version) server running on W2K3 SP2 on a physical server following process described on online documentation

Everything is working well on new virtual server excepted communication with temperature sensor, when i try to test my rule i get a time out.

I tried to delete and then create new rule unsuccessfuly.

Firewall service is disabled and SNMP installed on VM

Please, could you provide me some path to debug this problem?

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Something must be different on the VMWare box.

Why not using VMware vCenter Converter so that you copy a working environment to VMWare?

Please note that only one copy of the software is allowed to run on either the production server or the VMWare.
  • PierrePierre
    I dont want use Vconverter because this is also a WSUS server and distribution server and it stores almost 1TB of data.

• PierrePierre
    The problem is identical with new installation of servercheck without any settings...
  • AdministratorAdministrator
    In respect to the time out error - make sure that all settings are correct as per user manual (.NET 1.1 installed), direct network connectivity to the sensor etc... If that is all OK, then you need to look at what are the differences between the 2 systems so that you can rectify the VMWare one.

Not sure what you use within VMWare but for example if it doesn't use bridging then this might be the cause.

Make the VMWare install identical to the actual one (without WSUS) and then work from there.
This discussion has been closed.