checked failed. timedout

ahmadyani_shiahmadyani_shi
edited July 2010 in InfraSensing Sensors
Hi Admin,

I face with the very2 big problem. when i try to add the temperature monitoring, i face with this problem with sensor

Check failed. Timedout after 60 seconds. No data received. Verify settings and try again.

Can you give the solution. plzz help..urgent

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Hello,

Can you run this and tell me what you get:

1. Go to the agents subdirectory of the main ServersCheck directory (usually c:program filesserverscheck_monitoringagents )

2. Open the command prompt in that directory

3. And type in following command where you replace the X.X.X.X with the IP address of your sensor

sensor_check -L test.log -C TCP X.X.X.X:3001

Please let me know if you get any response from doing this (or any errors). Can you also verify the settings in your Tibbo?
  • ahmadyani_shiahmadyani_shi
    Hi,

I have do what are u say. i try to test the sensor_check, but it still show the same error (timedout)

For the tibbo setting, i have follow same like the user manual. But it still show the timeout error.

May i know, is it i need configure the switch? what kind of switch configuration for serverscheck applience can receive the value?
    Hello,

Is this connected into an appliance or is it running on your network and connecting to the software on one of your machines? Can you send screenshots of each Tibbo screen for us to look at as well?

Thank you!
    Hi Admin,

Below is a pic link for tibbo configuration. Plz check this out..i need solve this problem before this weekend.

Hi Admin,

Below is my tibbo configuration screenshot for ur review.

No pics in posts

Please upload pictures to website and link to forum. You can use Flickr, Google Picassa or similar if you have no other.
    Hi Admin,

Now i face with the different error. The error is

Unable to open COM port 22

When i try to remove the port by using vsp, it failed to remove.

Can you suggest any solution.

Thanks
    Hello,

What version of the software are you using currently? Is this on your own server or on an appliance?

VSP, an app from Tibbo, isn't supported for environmental sensors. Seems like you haven't configured it as per user manual instructions detailed on wiki.serverscheck.com

For Tibbo based sensors you can test using the sensor_check debug option as explained in our knowledge base: kb.serverscheck.com
    Hi Admin,

May i know what is a demo tibbo default password?

Thanks.

There is no such thing as a Tibbo password in our configurations.

I am not sure you are referring to our environmental sensors. If you are, then set the units up as detailed screen by screen in the user manual

http://serverscheck-manuals.s3.amazonaws.com/ServersCheck_Environmental_Sensors.pdf
This discussion has been closed.