Cannot connect to device

[Deleted User][Deleted User]
edited May 2012 in InfraSensing Sensors
I have a brand new Temperature Sensor & Gateway. The 2 lights on the top flash for a couple seconds when connecting power, but then go out. The link lights on the network connection just do a constant quick blink, and the unit is inaccessible.

When I first powered the unit on after receiving it this morning, it seemed to work fine. After I changed the IP address though, to connect it to our main network, I haven't been able to connect to it at all, or even ping it, since.

I have tried resetting it multiple times, per the PDF file on your site, and I still am unable to connect to the device.

Obviously I have it on it's own switch when connecting to it's stock IP address, and then I'm moving it to the network after changing it's IP, and putting it back on it's own network after reset.

I would appreciate any assistance anyone can give me, as I had high hopes for this device, and so far I haven't even been able to test it.

Thanks.

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Did you upgrade your unit to firmware 2.0.7 as per user manual instructions prior to changing the IP address?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Nope. I actually didn't get a manual with it, just a box with the device, and the power adapter with the different ends for it. I just assumed I could just plug it in and start using it.
    The front lid of the box states: "download user manual at http://wiki.serverscheck.com" where you need to remove the tape in order to open the box. You might have overlooked that.

Check the user manual and try following the instructions in it. The Sensorgateway has a default IP address (you can find it in the user manual) - you need to set your PC in the same range of that default IP address. You will then be able to access the web interface. Then as indicated in the user manual upgrade the unit to firmware 2.0.7 before performing a reset.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Well, I didn't do that. I didn't even see the sticker on the front of the box.

So what can I do now? I already said I can't access the unit like I did when I first got it, with it's default IP address, even after resetting it.

How can you ship a product that is incomplete, or doesn't work until the customer does some update, to a customer?
    An email was sent to do a warranty repair
This discussion has been closed.