Alerting thresholds?

Support?Support?
edited June 2012 in InfraSensing Sensors
I have a brand new SensorGateway unit that is sending alerts outside of the configured range.

Warning thresholds are set at <65 and >79, but I receive email warning alerts for 78.91 degrees. How do I make the unit honor the desired settings?

Comments

• Support?Support?
    I have changed the settings to:

Warning: <64, >95

Down: <60, >105

I still receive alerts for 79.03 degrees.
  • AdministratorAdministrator
    Can you take a screen capture of your setting and also the exact content of the email alert received

That being said your thresholds are very high compared to ASHRAE best practices for server rooms.
  • Support?Support?
    Do you have a location an email screenshots to?

Email content from one of the messages:

Message generated by ServersCheck on 29/06/2012 at 00:02 Onboard Temp :Lab : WARNING (78.91)
    You can upload your screen captures to sites such as flickr, picasaweb, photobucket, ...
  • Support?Support?
    That's not an option per my employer. Do you have an email account or FTP server I can use?
    Unfortunately not for community based support no - for customers with a commercial support we do - see the support pages on our website.
    After changing your threshold to 105, did you reboot the unit?

Seems like the previous range still was in memory
  • Support?Support?
    That had occurred to me after I opened the case, but I have rebooted the unit since then and the incorrect emails persist.

thanks
  • Support?Support?
    I just rebooted again to make sure and received two more email alerts after the reboot.

Message generated by ServersCheck on 29/06/2012 at 02:32 Onboard Temp :Lab : WARNING (79.03)

Message generated by ServersCheck on 29/06/2012 at 02:35 Onboard Temp :Lab : WARNING (79.03)

Also, any idea why I get 2 emails so close? I thought it was supposed to be every 5 minutes for the Repeat Email setting.

thanks
    The repeat is normal after a reboot since it is normally first for matching the condition and then the alert loop cycle.

Your settings are still within the newly defined range and the temperature reading shows in red color on the status page?
  • Support?Support?
    I am really confused. I was watching the Sensor web page and the current reading was fluctuating between 77.34 and 77.68 (green text), but I received the alert below:

Message generated by ServersCheck on 29/06/2012 at 02:44 Onboard Temp :Lab : WARNING (79.03)

Several of the incorrect alerts have been 79.03.

Should the time in the email match my timezone (zone 8) or is the listed time expected?

thanks
    I am confused too now :-)

The incorrect alerts seem to have started after the 79.03°F reading. Could it be a spool on the mail server still sending out alerts?

Normally if it is in the green, then it would not send out an alert, only if the actual reading is in red (down) or orange (warning)

Could you change the email address it sends the alert to (or the subject line)so that we know 100% that it is sending alerts based on current config and not a backlog of emails you are receiving now.

Can you also confirm your firmware? 2.0.7? I'll setup tomorrow a unit with same firmware and play around to see if I can get similar readings.

• Support?Support?
    2.0.7 firmware.

I changed the email address. You may have nailed it. I see one final message in the spool. Hopefully that is it.

thanks!
    Can you confirm if the issue is resolved now?
  • Support?Support?
    Correct. The emails stopped and there were several messages spooled on the server with complaints of too many connections.
This discussion has been closed.