New TempGauge does not respond to ping

KTelKTel
edited July 2012 in InfraSensing Sensors
We're using one of your temperature gauges at a remote CO. Setting the IP address and default gateway on it. Once it's plugged into our switch and the interface switch side is green and the interface on the device is green, if you try to ping it, all ping fails. No MAC is logged in the ARP table. Our field techs have set these gauges up before similarly with no problem. Verified IP routing by plugging a laptop into the same interface with the same IP and Subnet that is assigned to temp gauge. Laptop is able to get out, ping, browse, respond to ping, etc.

Please advise.

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    What hardware and firmware version is it?
  • KTelKTel
    Hardware Version : Release 4.0

Firmware Version : Release 2.00

Have unit here at main network.

I have 192.168.5.40 255.255.255.0 on the device with a gateway of 192.168.5.1. 5.1 is the SVI for Vlan 5 and acts as the default gateway for all other devices on the network as well.

I could access and change IP/Gateway/etc. When I changed it to 5.40 it rebooted the device. I had to change the IP on my laptop and I was able to access it on the 5.x network as well.

I placed device on master switch that hosts Vlan 5. Placed it in an interface that is set to access Vlan 5 and Vlan 5 only. Interface is up/up.

However, my PC, plugged into the .5 network/VLAN can not ping the device. Master switch can not ping device. Devices MAC address is not registering on the switch. Not able to contact device.

IP address, default gateway, and subnet mask are the only options provisioned on device.
  • KTelKTel
    Device is, as far as I know, PoE compliant. However, it will not draw PoE from our switches. I tried three different switches and device will only power with DC input.

The two LEDs on top of the probe blink in unison.

I set the prob for DHCP and plugged it back in. I do not see a MAC address logging onto my switch via it's interface so I can't track down what DHCP address it has pulled.

Checked on device and the two LEDs on top are blinking.

The two LEDs blink in unison as well even when plugged directly into my laptop, reachable via HTTP, etc.
  • KTelKTel
    Wireshark and monitoring devices interface shows no traffic. Device plugged back into laptop with wireshark shows DHCP requests.
    Hello,

Can you update the firmware version please?
  • KTelKTel
    Actually I believe we've found the problem. The MAC address on the device is not a valid MAC address. Believe there is a hardware error and we've RMA'd the device.
    Hello,

The MAC can be changed, did you try changing it from the interface?
This discussion has been closed.