414 Request-URI Too Long: Buffer overflow

razvan.dimianrazvan.dimian
edited February 2013 in InfraSensing Sensors
Hi Admin

I just bought SNMP SensorGateway with built-in temperature sensor and I manage to configure all the settings in the network field. I have no problem accesing it via a web browser when I try to connect to the IP address but I have random errors when I try to connect to hostname "414 Request-URI Too Long: Buffer overflow detected". I tried accesing it using different browsers and the error pops out random when I try to access only to hostname.

I have the 5th version of the appliance with the firmware 3.0.2.

Thanks,

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Access it via IP address or shorten the hostname
  • razvan.dimianrazvan.dimian
    what is the longest name I can use?

my hostname is : ?senzor.mydomain.com is this to long ?
    What is the hostname you use right now?
  • razvan.dimianrazvan.dimian
    senzor.mydomain.com - is my hostname

my hostname has 6 letters - senzor
    Hello,

I am testing this here, I will get back with you shortly. Also, if you could, send me screenshots of your config?
    I've managed to deploy one of our sensors here with the same hostname "senzor" without encountering any problems.

May I ask the occasions on which you are encountering that problem?

For the browser, please stick with Firefox.
  • jdavis-dcjdavis-dc
    There has been no updates to this thread so let me. I get the same thing, with firefox, when I try to use a url with the FQDN for the unit. If you swap the url to the IP address, then you can get in fine.

HW Release 2.0

FW Release 1.4g
    As replied last February 13, we've been using DNS names here longer than what was mentioned without any problems. More importantly, HWv2 is already considered legacy and EoL device.
This discussion has been closed.