Appliance Freezes after a few days!!

CCCITCCCIT
I posted this yesterday, and for whatever reason it was removed, so I'm reposting it.

----------------------------------------------------

We recently purchased the appliance and 5-10 sensors. We set the appliance up per the instructions, memory, etc, then upgraded it to the latest firmware. We also shutdown Windows Update Service so we could rule that out.

The main issue is the unit will freeze. No keyboard or mouse, and everything on the screen is froze. The only thing is to manually reboot the device.

When the device comes back up, it restarts it normal operations, then monitoing manager.exe maxes the CPU out. On the monitoring performance config we dropped the threads to 3 to see if that would help but it didn't.

I went into the event log on Windows and nothing in there really says why it freezing.

Any and all help is appreciated!!!!

(After dropping it to 3, I also noticed that when the monitor thread starts it shows the 3 threads then states "limiting to 10 threads for performance!!)

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    What software version are you using on the appliance?
  • CCCITCCCIT
    Latest and greatest. I was able to have a tech look at it and found it has something to do with the generation of the heatmaps. Right now they bypassed them in the config file and low and behold the cpu is normal again..
  • CCCITCCCIT
    Spoke to soon.. The unit CPU level is now back to normal, but the unit froze again last night. Really strange. It like the system just stops.
  • rkrisherrkrisher
    I had the same issue with these devices. Seems the issue lies within Remote Desktop not closing out cleanly. Power boot without getting in it remains up for a long time. A couple days after you Remote desktop into it, it locks up. I installed VNC and noticed a Manual service that staarts on entering in via Remote Desktop, was still running after the remote desktop session ended. Must be binding up memory until it locks up.

I installed UltraVNC server onto the Appliance and disabled remote access (Right-click My Computer", Properties, Remote TAB.) Haven't had a problem since. Can't install VNC via Remote desktop cuz as soon as you disconnect from remote desktop, even your VNC access will lock up (black screen with no response) until you power reboot and then vnc into the device to disable remote access.
This discussion has been closed.