Sensor GW not ok with power

airronairron
edited August 2013 in InfraSensing Sensors
Serverscheck ver 10.1.0

SensorGW v5 with 2 probes

firmware ver = 3.06

issue: sensor gw is detecting temps fine.

probe 1 = 1 power sensor - id=5

probe 2 = 1 temp sensor and configured - id=2

no issues with only 1 probe connected to sensor gw. when i configure the power sensor to probe 1 and assign alerts, 4 mins later > says sensor down?

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Can you please be more concise?

What error do you get? What check type do you have defined?
  • airronairron
    Error: monitor details > last error = couldn't retrieve value for OID. But if I remove the power sensor from probe 2 port after receiving this error then recycle the sensor gw > the gw temp works and other temp senor in probe 1 works fine?
    last error is this only for the temperature check, the power check or all checks?

When you use a Mib Browser, do you get a value for that OID when the error "couldn't retrieve value for OID" shows up?
  • airronairron
    the power check only fails after 4 mins of adding it as a check.

do not have a Mib browser?
    You can use the one we provide for free or any other mib browser. See our downloads page in the support section
    You might also want to double check the sensor probe ID on the power failure check configuration window if that really is of the power sensor.
  • airronairron
    I noticed that the sensor gw with 2 probes is indicating that temp1 & temp2 & power is ok on display. But when I go to configure the monitor new item and then save it, that 4 mins later the entire sensor gw will freeze and the message - "couldn't retrieve value for OID." appears?
    How did you say the entire SensorGateway freezes? Have you checked ping and snmp requests to it?

For the error message concerning the OID, that's why we're asking you to check the OID on the configuration window of that check we're concerned about.
  • airronairron
    Sorry, got this issue fixed by firmware flash to 3.06. Even though the sensor was at that level.
    I see. Glad to see it fixed. Thank you for updating us.
This discussion has been closed.