v5 Gateway No Sensor Status

[Deleted User][Deleted User]
edited October 2013 in InfraSensing Sensors
After updating to 3.20 on a new gateway, the sensor status tab in the web interface will not populate anything below its header. Also, the MAC address changed creating issues with the network config. And after a reset via the hard button, the screen on the device will not return to display data. I am able to get to the IP and view the web interface, but there are these glitches. Has anyone else seen these issues?

All three of our v5 gateways need updating, but I am hesitant to proceed.

TIA gents.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • AdministratorAdministrator
    Try reloading the firmware - maybe something wrong happened on the update.

MAC address can be modified as per instructions in the user manual
    Ok. I did just that.

When plugged into the DC network, it showed 'waiting for DHCP' and then flashed an IP ending with ....255.260. ?

And that of course rendered it inaccessible from via our network. I uninstalled it from its home and brought it to my desk..

I just factory reset to get back to 192.168.11.160 so that I can get into it directly from my computer.

I checked that the screen is enabled. Checked the MAC address, and it held to the last known. Reconfigured our preferences, and will enable DHCP again to see if it holds once I get it into the DC and on our network.

more later..

EDIT.. It was a ....255.250 address. testing now.
    Yeeeah. It should pull down a ...56.20 IP address based on the config using its MAC address.. I can't even ping it at the IP address its showing on its screen.

Please advise.

Interestingly, with the initial settings, it was working fine with the 2.something firmware. But then we hadn't configured traps and such.
    trying a factory reset back to 2.09 firmware. Still no LED readout.
    2.9 is not for v5 devices only v4. v4 does not have oled output so that's why you don't see it.

3.06 is the version released before 3.20:

http://downloads.serverscheck.com/sensors/FACTORY_HWver5_Fw_Release_3_06.bin
    The hard reset steps for a v5, as stated in the manual, took it back to 2.09, which is what it shipped with, and why I updated originally (our other two have 3.06 out of the box. I then dumped my copy of 3,20 and re-downloaded, updated, and then reconfigured/saved. Switched to DHCP and saved. Plugged it into our DC network and again it looked for DHCP and then defaulted to the 192.168.11.160 IP address. We have confirmed that our config would assign an IP based on the MAC of the gateway.

Plugged it into our IP phone system, it still pulled the 192.168.11.160 IP when set to DHCP. It must think this IP is hard coded for some reason.

RMA is the next logical step.
    If it defaults to 2.09 then it must be an early v5 unit.

The IP is not hardcoded. If it still shows the fixed IP after setting it to DHCP, then it did not receive a new IP address.

You can ask a RMA but if it is a configuration issue, then the repair won't be free of charge as per warranty as this only covers manufacturing defects.
    Please also consider testing it to a network without DHCP policies and see if the DHCP functionality would push through.
    Finally got to the bottom of it..

In the initial firmware update from 2.09 to 3.06, the Mac address had changed from 00:03:64:03:21:64 to 20:20:20:20:20. That's when the problems started.

After updating from 3.06 to 3.20, the MAC address again changed. This time to 09:09:09:09:3c:6c.

After much gnashing of teeth, Factory resetting twice, re-updating the firmware each time, etc. No matter what I did, the MAC held at the last known. So as a last ditch effort, and because it was the only thing I hadn't touched, I went in and changed the MAC manually, per the instructions in the manual. This reassigned a proper vendor specific 00:03:64 address, fixing the DHCP issue and everything along with it.
    Thank you for the verbose report output. The latest SensorGateways, which are being shipped out of the box with firmware 3.* should not be experiencing this.

Ran tests on one of the first HWv5 gateways with stock FWv2.12 and found no issues. One thing you could also try is updating it to 2.12 first before 3.06.
    Maybe you could add 2.12 to the list of firmware for download, for any who come after me..? I only see a 2.11 under the v4 gateway. Our other units are all 3.06, so I don't expect to have any issues. (fingers crossed)
    If you want, we could give you that specific firmware via email.
This discussion has been closed.