Test Email can’t be sent

KingBCKingBC
edited March 2014 in InfraSensing Sensors
I have a sensor deployed that can no longer send email. I continually get "test email cannot be sent" even though I know the host name for the mail server is correct as I have 30 other sensors set the same way. Please advise. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    this is a network issue. maybe something blocked on your mail server or in your network route (firewall etc..)
  • KingBCKingBC
    Not a network issue. The UPS's, PDU and other appliances on the same network and vlan have no issues sending email.
    If it works on the 30 others it must be the network.

If it were the sensor then it would be the same issue on all 30 other sensors as I assume they all run the exact same firmware.
  • KingBCKingBC
    Sorry, firewall rules would not be set up to block one IP on a network to send SMTP messages. If the other devices can send, yet this one cannot I MUST be device specific.
    You can request a RMA through your order page.

If confirmed a manufacturing defect then it will be repaired under warranty (1st year). If it is a configuration issue or can't be reproduced then an inspection fee will be charged
  • la123456la123456
    I am trying to configure the email notifications, my smtp server name is to long and the only letter that does not fit is the "M" for .com. so the test email can't be sent successfully, How can this be resolved?
    Then perhaps just input its actual IP address
  • la123456la123456
    I was told by Microsoft Office365 that they are constantly changing the ip address, can this be possible?
  • la123456la123456
    Administrator,

i contacted Microsoft about this issue again today, i was given the correct smtp server name but now i get the error message that it can't send message. can you some how do a remote connection so that you can take a look at this issue? i am frustrated about this problem.. please help me out.
  • KingBCKingBC
    I am starting to beleive that this is an issue with versions > 3.06. I can get email alerts from any device running 3.06 yet anything later than that cannot send email. I need to work with someone on getting this resolved. and no, reverting back to 3.06 is not an option.
  • la123456la123456
    Administrator and KingBC,

This is my current device info:

Firmware Version : Release 4.1

Hardware Version : Release 5.0
    There are currently no bugs on email alerts. As advised before, just input its actual IP address.
  • la123456la123456
    Administrator

Like I said before, I contacted my email provider "Microsoft Office 365" and was told by them that the ip address is not going to work due to security reasons, the ip address is changing periodically. Is there anything else? is it possible that maybe you can do an exchange configuration?
  • KingBCKingBC
    Please reassess. there is clearly a bug. 3.06 works, anything above that rev does not.
    KingBC if it were a firmware bug then all other sensors would be affected. Out of the 30 only one isn't working which must be something else than the firmware.

The code was reviewed and nothing changed for email alerting after firmware 3.06
  • KingBCKingBC
    I have since deployed 10 more that had the same issue. Please get this resolved.
    We will forward it to our development team and it will be put in the review queue.

In the mean time revert to 3.06, the firmware you had at purchase of your devices
    Try setting up the email alert first through a popular web-hosted email service like Gmail
  • la123456la123456
    Administrator

Thank you, I used gmail and the email notification has worked!! thank you again
    Glad to see it up and running for you
This discussion has been closed.