Sensors Crashing

[Deleted User][Deleted User]
edited January 2011 in InfraSensing Sensors
About once a week we are having one of our 4 sensors "crashing". The web interface works but the sensor (for instance a flood sensor) send an email saying:

From SC3 on 21/01/2011 at 09:29

Floor-Flood : DOWN (?)

We also have these in Nagios and it shows:

[01-21-2011 09:31:04] SERVICE ALERT: sc3;FloorFloodSensor;OK;SOFT;2;SNMP OK - "DRY"

[01-21-2011 09:29:04] SERVICE ALERT: sc3;FloorFloodSensor;UNKNOWN;SOFT;1;External command error: Timeout: No Response from 10.0.0.137:161.

When we reboot it via the web interface, they come back to life. We are running Firmware 1.1 and just bought these at the end of December.

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    A firmware update has been posted to address the flooding sensor issue.

http://downloads.serverscheck.com/sensors/FACTORY_rev1_20.BIN
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    This occurs on more than just flooding sensors. I have seen it on external temperature sensors as well.
    Firmware 1.2 addresses an issue in the SNMP agent whereby the agent could in some cases fail. This firmware has now an auto failover built-in so that when the SNMP agent fails, it is restarted.
    We had this happen again. The SNMP agent restarted itself, but we really do not want our pagers going of at 03:00 with a page which is caused my SNMP dying. Can you put a filter in the email's sent by the sensors?
    A firmware update is being developed and should be out within the next 7 days.
    I still only see 1.2 available. Was this fix ever released? Its happening with more frequency now.
This discussion has been closed.