SMS not sending alert

I have issue on my SMS modem device (huawei). It is not sending unless I unplugged and plugged it back.

Comments

• tom173hulatom173hula
    Having same issue...usually, it is that SMS is turning off by itself. Usually, because nothing else works, I reboot the base and put in the UID & PIN. Sometimes, nothing happens. Says I have a credit of 62 texts and I can get it to send me a test SMS after turning SMS back on, but unplugging the powerfail this time is not sending out any text.
  • tom173hulatom173hula
    Hardware version is 5.1 and firmware version is 8.0
  • AdministratorAdministrator
    STARRY173 you're issue is not the same. This post is for the MOnitoring Software v12 and lower using a hardware modem. You seem to have an issue with the Base Unit and SMS service (not using a modem). Different product and different method of SMS. I suggest that you post a new topic in the right forum so that you can get support you need.
  • I am using ServersCheck appliance Bussiness 250 Edition-version 9.0.15. The web is giving the correct information but the modem is not sending alerts. When modem is unplugged and plugged back it sends all previous alerts.
    It seems to be a modem issue and not a software issue since unplugging and connecting again makes it work. The software is no longer supported by us (most current version is 15.x)
  • Do you have any recommendation for a better modem other than what we are using which is huawei

No unfortunately not. We no longer support external modems in our monitoring software.