SMS Stopped Sending Alerts in December 2019 ...

tom173hulatom173hula
edited December 2019 in InfraSensing Sensors
I have tried rebooting (both via the website as well as unplugging the base station). I have also purchased 100 more Alert Credits in case the 62 that it tells me I have are really expired. If I reenter my UID and PIN, first of all disabling and then enabling SMS, I always get a test message (although it claims that even these are failing even though I am getting them).

What I noticed in the past was the UID would get scrambled and filled with junk every now and then. Simply by reentering the UID and PIN after a reboot, it would start working again. I don't see that behavior anymore while I am trying to resolve this. The UID and PIN are there unless I disable SMS and then I have to reenter it. I was wondering if ServersCheck made a change in this area that is affecting me...or if anyone has some suggestions on things I could try. Thanks.

Comments

• StreliziaStrelizia
    edited December 2019
    STARRY173 said:

I have tried rebooting (both via the website as well as unplugging the base station). I have also purchased 100 more Alert Credits in case the 62 that it tells me I have are really expired. If I reenter my UID and PIN, first of all disabling and then enabling SMS, I always get a test message (although it claims that even these are failing even though I am getting them).

This might be a browser cache issue since you are receiving it.
    STARRY173 said:

What I noticed in the past was the UID would get scrambled and filled with junk every now and then. Simply by reentering the UID and PIN after a reboot, it would start working again. I don't see that behavior anymore while I am trying to resolve this. The UID and PIN are there unless I disable SMS and then I have to reenter it. I was wondering if ServersCheck made a change in this area that is affecting me...or if anyone has some suggestions on things I could try. Thanks.

I could try it on my devices to test, since I still have quite a few credits in me and also mine is sending SMS just fine.
    Could you further elaborate your issue?
  • AdministratorAdministrator
    What firmware version do you use?
  • tom173hulatom173hula
    Starry173...I am using firmware version 8. When I turn SMS off and then back on, it does send me a test text message, although it keeps on saying it failed to send it to me, but I still get the text message. Then when I unplug the power sensor, I should be getting a powerfail message. Last time it worked was in November 2019. Cannot ever get it to work now.
  • AdministratorAdministrator
    tom173hula if you downgrade to firmware 7.50 does it then work? https://serverscheck.com/support/firmware2.asp?v=5

All services are up and normal.
  • StreliziaStrelizia
    edited January 2020
    I have tried using FW 8.1 and was able to receive alerts via SMS. I am using a water spot sensor.
    It may be a network problem on your side, or if you could try using other provider or cell phone number.