DAISY-THUM sensors stop reading for a few minutes or hours

Hello,
We have setup 2 base units:
Base unit 1: Line 1 connected to water leak detector, Line 2 connected to daisy starter and 2 daisy temperature/humidity sensors
Base unit 2: Line 1 connected to water leak detector, Line 2 connected to daisy starter and 3 daisy temperature/humidity sensors
The base units have the firmware 8.8 and we are reading the sensors using SNMP.
The water leak detector and the first temperature/humidity sensor of each daisy chain do not show data interruptions.
We noticed that the 2nd and 3rd sensor of each daisy chain stops reading completely for a few minutes or a few hours every few days.

Is this a "feature" of the 8.8 firmware or a glitch of the Daisy starter?
Does anybody else have a similiar problem?

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    The Daisy Starter is typically dedicated to the Base-Wired

A normal configuration would be:
    1x EXP-8HUB
    1x ENV-LEAK
    2-3x ENV-THUM

When was your order delivered? (To determine if you are using a Gen 1 daisy chain sensor or a Gen 2)
  • DhaneDhane
    Which software are you using?
  • DDellOrcoDDellOrco
    edited June 2022
    Hello,
    Thanks for your answer.
    Are you saying I need to connect ONLY the Daisy Starter to one Base-Wired port and leave empty the second port?
    Can I connect 2 Daisy starters to the Base-Wired? One to each of the 2 ports of a Base-Wired

The DAISY-THUM sensors were delivered on December 2021.
    One Daisy Starter has no identification label.

Does the "normal configuration" allow to daisy chain the DAISY-THUM sensors without the Daisy Starter?
    It seems like an alternative to connect multiple THUM sensors in parallel instead of in series.

1x EXP-8HUB
    1x ENV-LEAK
    2-3x ENV-THUM

When was your order delivered? (To determine if you are using a Gen 1 daisy chain sensor or a Gen 2)

• DDellOrcoDDellOrco
    Hello,
    We are reading the data with EPICS, using the SNMP protocol. We are polling the sensors at a 2 second rate.
    Dhane said:

Which software are you using?

• FinleyFinley
    edited June 2022
    Hello DDellOrco,

What is the LED status on 2nd and 3rd Daisy temperature/humidity sensors? Does Green LED blinking? Have you also tried to check also if the cables connected are fine?
  • DDellOrcoDDellOrco
    Hello,
    The green LEDs are blinking on the daisy chain sensors. We double checked the CAT6 cable connections and the readings are normal.
    We just noticed that also the 1st sensor of the daisy chain has the same problem and stops reading for a few minutes or hours.
    Finley said:

Hello DDellOrco,

What is the LED status on 2nd and 3rd Daisy temperature/humidity sensors? Does Green LED blinking? Have you also tried to check also if the cables connected are fine?

• DhaneDhane
    edited June 2022
    I am using the a Daisy Chain sensor and haven't dropped ever since using their Software.
    I will try using your software though if I can find an installer online
  • AdministratorAdministrator
    Daisy Chain and non-daisy chain can’t be mixed. Either you go in series or in parallel as you are saying it.

The daisy starter is a hub and only one hub per base unit is allowed. It is always required for the daisy sensors.
    DDellOrco said:

Hello,
    Thanks for your answer.
    Are you saying I need to connect ONLY the Daisy Starter to one Base-Wired port and leave empty the second port?
    Can I connect 2 Daisy starters to the Base-Wired? One to each of the 2 ports of a Base-Wired

The DAISY-THUM sensors were delivered on December 2021.
    One Daisy Starter has no identification label.

Does the "normal configuration" allow to daisy chain the DAISY-THUM sensors without the Daisy Starter?
    It seems like an alternative to connect multiple THUM sensors in parallel instead of in series.

1x EXP-8HUB
    1x ENV-LEAK
    2-3x ENV-THUM

• FinleyFinley
    hello DDellOrco,
    Maybe you can increase the value higher than 2 seconds to retrieve the SNMP data.