SMS alerts over microservice to Base Unit SensorGateway with LTE module from another Base Unit

Hello,

Documentation shows option to send SMS alerts over network from Base Unit SensorGateway without LTE module to another Base Unit SensorGateway with LTE module. Chapeter 3.9.3 from https://manuals.infrasensing.info/InfraSensing_Sensors_Platform.pdf

My question is, has anyone got this working? I have tried everything - i just cannot get SMS from base-without-lte to base-with-lte. Both devices are on same network, i have used different switches, isolated everything and still no luck.

If you have SMS alerting working over microservice from one base unit to another base where my LTE module is connected , please share your configuration.

Comments

• Hi, I am currently using this microservice and it works fine ever since they released it. pretty convenient IMHO.
    I have the sgw with the addon on static IP so that I can assign that IP address on my other sgw.
    I am using a POE switch.
  • misterbobbymisterbobby
    Dhane said:

Hi, I am currently using this microservice and it works fine ever since they released it. pretty convenient IMHO.
    I have the sgw with the addon on static IP so that I can assign that IP address on my other sgw.
    I am using a POE switch.

What version firmware are you using? I have tested all available firmwares and i cannot get SMS over microservice to Base with LTE Addon to work. What fields do you have filled in at microservice client side? Did you enter device id? username/password? I have tried smart switches, dumb switches, wifi router etc to exclude network device problems, but no luck.

I'm currently on firmware version 8.10.4 on both devices, have tried configuration with and without device id, username/password etc...
  • I am using an netgear gs110tp.
    I am using the latest firmware, but I have used it when ever since the feature was added to the firmware.
    I have filled only the IP address on the miroservice, I did not populate device ID since I am not using JSON push.
  • misterbobbymisterbobby
    edited November 2022
    Thats really weird, i just cannot get client to talk master, where LTE addon is connected. I have tested weeks for different configuration and hardware, to get devices connect over microservice.

Under microservice, is "Send Test SMS" working as advertised for you?

I havent tried - maybe client sends real alerts to master, but SMS test part is not working for me.

Device ID on your client side is 000000000000? Or device mac? Or its completely empty field?

Do you have default gateway and dns servers configured on both devices, are they on same subnet?

• DhaneDhane
    edited November 2022
    Yes it is working.

Device ID is 000000000000, since I don't use them.
    The Default gateway on my SGW is our router's IP
  • misterbobbymisterbobby
    Tested some more and came to this conclusion based on tests, if i reset both devices to factory defaults and then upgrade to latest firmware, they work as described in manual.

As soon as i change some settings(IP-address,Device Name,Device Location,) in microservice client side unit, microservice stops working and sending sms-es will fail.

Running on latest firmware "Release 8.10.4 (Oct 21 2022)"
  • Let me check that and test on my side and update you guys here
  • DhaneDhane
    edited December 2022
    Hey, I have tested change everything on device name, device location, IP configurations such as NETBIOS name IPs and DNS. Still working on my test.
    Not sure why doesn't work on your side there,