Sensor

nabilnabil
edited January 2010 in InfraSensing Sensors
How to configure the IP sensor?

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    The user manuals detail screen by screen on how to set it up:

http://wiki.serverscheck.com

You can also download them from the link 'User Manuals' on the end of each page of this website; or from the link in the 'Environmental Sensors' section

The wiki is our repository for all user manuals
  • nabilnabil
    when I connect the sensor to the DS 203 and connect the DS 203 to the switch and I did the configuration but the test settings give a timedout result. what is the reason?
    what are the settings of the DS203?
  • nabilnabil
    This is the setting of the DS203:

In the DS Manager:

Network:

DHCP disabled

IP address 192.168.101.136

port 3001

gateway IP address 192.168.101.135

Subnet mask 255.255.255.0

Connection:

connection timeout 5

Transport protocol TCP
    What are the serial port settings?
  • nabilnabil
    Serial port settings:

serial interface 2-Automatic

RTS/CTS flow control 1-local

DTR mode 0-Idle or remote

Baud rate 5-38400 bps

parity 0-none

Data bits 1-8 bits

soft entry into serial program 0-disabled

on the fly commands 1-enabled
    Serial port settings are not set as per manual instructions (see page 5). Should be 1200bps for the sensors
  • nabilnabil
    I changed the baud rate, I connect the DS 203 with serial to Ethernet cable to the temperature sensor. In the other side I connect the DS 203 with Ethernet cable directly to the appliance.

In the configuration, i used to sensor connection: network and for IP of device server: 192.168.101.136

when I press the test setting, the result is: timeout is occurred.

what is the reason?
    It needs to be plugged into the network and over TCP/IP sensor and appliance communicate (page 1)
  • nabilnabil
    I connect the monitoring appliance to the switch, and I test the connection with the ping command and it is ok.

I connect the DS 203 to the switch and I test the connection, it is ok.

In the step 4 of the configuration to the temperature sensor, i used for sensor connection:network and for IP of device server: 192.168.101.136

when I press the test setting, the result is also: timeout is occurred.

what is the reason?
    Stop the services and run in the agents subdirectory following command:

sensor_check -L log.txt -C TCP 192.168.101.136:3001

Is the gateway correct, is the port 3001 open, is the IP address not in use by another device,... ?
  • nabilnabil
    I deleted all monitors, I entered the agents sub directory from the command prompt and I wrote the following command:

After a few seconds, the result is :timeout has occurred

what is the reason?
    The sensor is not responding. Most likely: incorrect setup, other could be that the sensor is defective (unlikely - tested prior to shipment)
  • nabilnabil
    to test the setup of the sensor, can you please give me the correct setup?

I have 3 sensors: tempurature, humidity et power. I can change this one and tests the other 2.
    The correct setup is outlined in the user manual. Make sure that all settings match 100% the settings of the manual and try first to set the sensors in DHCP mode. If that works issue is elsewhere in the network
  • nabilnabil
    is the IP sensor have a default IP address?

or it takes the IP of DS 203?
    The IP address will come from the DHCP server - through the Device Manager you can see the IP address given to the device.

You can switch the cables or the sensor to test. A third issue (which was forgotten) is that the cable is damaged.
  • nabilnabil
    It does not exist a DHCP server in the company so I need to configure the IPs manually.

I switch the cables and the 3 sensors(humidity,temperature and power),I can ping from the monitoring appliance the IP of the DS 203 but the following command:

respond with a time out has occurred.

The same for test setting when i configure the monitors.

please kindly send me the solution of this problem?

thank you...

Best regards,
    Something on your network is blocking the response of the sensor. It is not possible to tell what it is from a distance.

To exclude sensor or cable, you can swap cable and or sensor and see if it persists. If so then your configuration is wrong (probably network setup) or something is blocking communication
  • nabilnabil
    can I test the sensor separately from the DS 203?
    You could connect to the COM port of your server.

You then need to initiate following command

sensor_check -L log.txt -C COM1

where COM1 is the COM port assigned by your system. So for example if the sensor is connected to COM port 9 then you need to use COM9
  • nabilnabil
    I connect the serial port to the COM port of the server.

I copy the agents file from the monitoring appliance that contains the applications and the services for the sensors.

I open the command prompt and i enter to the agents sub directory and i write the following command:

But the error is:

The application failed to initialize properly )0xc0000135).Click on OK to terminate the application.

What is the reason of this error.

The com port is 1.
    It seems like you didn't install .NET 1.1 on your system as per user manual requirements.
  • nabilnabil
    I installed the .Net framework 1.1 on the system and all the applications from the Agents sub directory.

from the command prompt, I enter to the Agents sub directory and I wrote the following command:

But the error is:Timeout has occurred

I switched between the 3 sensors and I get the same error.

What is the reason?

And I can test the sensor in different manner?
    what is the baud rate of the COM1 port? 1200 bps?
  • nabilnabil
    I check the baud rate from the DS manager and it is 1200 bps.

But i connect the sensor with serial to Ethernet cable directly to the server without the DS 203.

Is this connection true?
    If connected to your PC directly, then you need to set the baud rate of your COM port to 1200bps. The DS Manager is only for configuring the DS203
  • nabilnabil
    when i changed the baud rate to 1200 bps the 2 sensors humidity and temperature are active but the power sensor is not.

What is the reason?
    Is the power sensor connected to the power adapter?
  • nabilnabil
    It is connected.

Suppose that is not connected,should it give me a message or output that the power is off?

This discussion has been closed.