Initial Dashboard Menu and Down Link bad

netsupportnetsupport
I have installed the new ServersCheck 8.5. This was a new install to a new server and backup and restore of old monitor settings... The old monitor server was v8.0.1.

The initial dashboard is a bit hokey. First, the navigation menu located at the top in brown is hard to navigate- it constantly disappears and changes to a different popup choices. Very cumbersome and annoying. Please fix this!

Second, when I click on the Red Down link number it does not connect to the down device / monitors list... just shows me all devices again. I assume this may be due to my install and settings restore and something being overwritten that shouldn't have. How is this fixed?

Comments

• jacobsenmjacobsenm
    I have the same experience. I am running version 7.8.5 and want to upgrade.

The navigation menu at the top is indeed constantly disappearing and very annoying.

Also the red yello and green buttons do not work properly.
  • AdministratorAdministrator
    Down link issue has been addressed in 8.5.1

Menu instead of using hover, it now requires a click.
  • netsupportnetsupport
    Thanks for the quick response!

The top menu does work much better with the click, instead of the hover. Good.

I have restarted the monitor server, but the red down and yellow warning links still do not list the devices in that state...

The server is running Server 2008 R2 (which is only available as 64bit OS). IE 8 is the default MS browser and I have installed Firefox 3.6.8 on the server. I use IE 8 and Firefox on my Windows 7 laptop and all browsers exhibit the same behavior and do not show the down or warning device list properly...

On a side note... the "Upgrade ServersCheck" link does not work. It states I don't have an internet connection every time I try it even though I'm browsing and able to type this on your forum...
  • AdministratorAdministrator
    The upgrade utility does not communicate with our corporate webserver but is done against different servers.

The user manual has an article about that issue:

http://wiki.serverscheck.com/index.php/Upgrade

• netsupportnetsupport
    It appears I was able to fix the upgrade link by just running the reg file. I first tried to fix it by following the instructions and replacing the 2 upgrade.exe and upgrade.cli files, but I actually received an error on launch after that. Restored the original files and ran the reg file and it appears to check successfully now (although I won't know for sure until there is actually another update to get)... Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.