FILEAGE problems.

hmcollegehmcollege
Hello,

We got some problems with getting FILEAGE to work properly. We want to use this to check DFSR replication, on one server on the remote site ( same AD, one domain ) there is a script running wich creates a FILE in a folder, this scripts is running every 5 minutes, while every 4 minutes the same FILE gets deleted. This folder is a replication set so the file will be replicated to the other site, where serverscheck monitors the FILE being created and has a max FILEAGE of 360 seconds. Now this works perfectly but just one way. When i want to create the same construction the other way to check the two way replication, FILEAGE test fails saying 'file not found'

It seems that every now and then it DOES find the file and puts the check on 'OK' just to fail a few minutes later.

I've did a few tests with creating a normal folder (without replication) gave the service account full rights, edited the FILEAGE check but still failing, i even created a check just to check if the FILE is there but all fails. While testing i've created the check on different servers while using UNC and without but all fail again. Firewall logs don't show any blocked traffic from appliance to server.

Now i dont have problems with any other check that is running on the same machines(ping, windows services etc. etc.), its only the FILEAGE check that seems to give problems on remote servers (different AD SITE, same domain)

Just to be clear; ALL other checks are working perfectly when used on machines on the other subnet, its only the FILEAGE check that is giving problems. On the local subnet FILEAGE is working correctly!

thanks,

L. Steyn

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Good Afternoon,

We will run some tests and see if we can replicate this problem here.

Thank you!
  • hmcollegehmcollege
    May i suggest to look into the possibility for serverscheck to monitor DFSR ? This could be a great feature since there aren't that many good monitoring tools out there that can do this, unless you use Microsoft system center. There are also a few scripts out there but at the end these are not very easy options, and this is where serverscheck could fill the cap.

My own option illustrated in my first post could be somehow transformed in a standard DFSR check.

just an idea, many admins out there are dying to find a simple, fast en reliable monitoring solution for thier replication sets, to simply check if files are being replicated and how fast its going.

just an idea..

thanks.

L
This discussion has been closed.