Email alert

agdatacomagdatacom
hi

i just want to ask regarding email alert of new version of serverscheck 8.5.2.. I'm currently having problem on this trying to configure email settings I properly put the smtp server and its port but when try the test setting the results shows "COULD NOT MAKE A CONNECTION". I never experience this error on previous versions. Please advise.. Thanks

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Hello,

Can you upgrade to 8.5.3 and see if you still have the problem?
  • agdatacomagdatacom
    hi,

I upgrade to version 8.5.3 but i encountered the same problem. What is the next test?

thanks..
    If you have AV software installed then disable it. Some other application or firewall is blocking the connection to the defined mail server.
  • agdatacomagdatacom
    Only serverscheck application is running on my server. No other application like AV or firewall installed. Like i"ve said on my first post I only encounter this problem in new versions.
    Hello,

You can see what the software does behind the screens by running the web server in debug mode as outlined in our knowledge base at http://kb.serverscheck.com

This should be able to provide additional info to.

If you have a support agreement, then you can contact the helpdesk. Otherwise the user community might further help you on this issue.

Update: you posted an output of the monitoring_manager and not the web server. When testing make sure to do it against the web server
    Update: you posted an output of the monitoring_manager and not the web server. When testing make sure to do it against the web server
This discussion has been closed.