All of a sudden, ERROR 800007D3

sparxsakuseishasparxsakuseisha
Version: ServersCheck 8.0 RC1

Problem Server: MS Windows 2003 R2, SP2

All of a sudden, one of our servers is generating the following errors for perfmon checks:

"Error returned: "ERROR: Performance counter retrieval failed with error code: ERROR: 800007D3 - The data item has been added to the query, but has not been validated nor"

The monitoring account is a domain account and it is the same one that we use for monitoring for all of our servers.

On the problem server, I can see that the domain monitoring account is successfully logging onto the server.

I have tried removing the server from ServersCheck and re-adding it.

I have tried rebooting the ServersCheck server.

I have confirmed that perfmon is functioning correctly on the problem server.

All other server monitoring is fine however, I double checked and made sure that the domain acount used for monitoring is not locked, disabled, or deleted.

I have confirmed that the domain account used for monitoring is in the local administrators group of the problem server.

The windows firewall is not turned on on the problem server.

No updates have been applied to the problem server.

I do not see anything "different" or related to the issue in the event logs.

I have not rebooted the problem server yet because it is a production file server and the reboot will have to be scheduled.

Has anyone ever run into this problem?

Comments

• sparxsakuseishasparxsakuseisha
    Thanks for the link but I have already reviewed and confirmed those issues.

So there is no confusion for anyone else reading this, I will go down various issues mentioned in the link you provided:

1. The counters that I am using are fine as they are already working on other servers with the same hardware. As I mentioned before, these checks were working before but all of a sudden stopped working on ONE server only. All of the other servers' checks are fine. I understand that this behaviour probably points to something being changed on the problem server however, I am not able to find anything hence the reason why I am posting in this forum.

2. I cannot access the IPC$ share however, the IPC$ share cannot be accessed on any of the servers that are working either.

3. I do not want to use SNMP.

4. The poster wrote that the problem was solved because he/she discovered that the ServersCheck was trying to connect with the machine account. As I mentioned in my original post, I am using a domain account and confirmed that the domain account is what is being used to connect with ServersCheck.

5. The other link that is referenced in the link that you sent is a completely different issue on a completely different build (7.1.3 Enterprise MX2) which is also dated 2007.
  • AdministratorAdministrator
    If it works on other systems and not one particular, you need to check what is different in terms of configuration of that particular one compared to the ones that work.
  • sparxsakuseishasparxsakuseisha
    Administrator,

Per my original post:

"I do not see anything "different" or related to the issue in the event logs."

And my second post:

"I understand that this behaviour probably points to something being changed on the problem server however, I am not able to find anything hence the reason why I am posting in this forum."

In addition to the troubleshooting steps that I have listed in my original post, is there anything else that can be checked?
This discussion has been closed.