Problem with WMI rule

bluenetdatabluenetdata
if we create a new WMI rule, the selected query is not saved. The test works and the query value is correct. Once the rule is saved, the query parameters are gone. The value is displayed as 0.

What can we do?

The Monitoring_Service runs under a local administrator account.

THX

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Can you tell me the query you are making so we can test locally here?
  • bluenetdatabluenetdata
    It does not matter what query is used. After saving the new rule, the query is gone and the value is 0. As an example, the class I on localhost "Win32_DiskDrive" and "BytesPerSector" as an object was selected. That works without problems even on remote servers. If I now save the rule and re-open the selected class and the object no longer exists.

I've recorded a video in which the problem can be seen. We can I send you that?
  • bluenetdatabluenetdata
    Our last Posts are removed from this topic? Why? The Problem ist not solved.
    We have been able to replicate and a fix will be part of the next maintenance release
    8.8.6 has been released and addresses the reported WMI issue
  • bluenetdatabluenetdata
    The WMI query is now ok, but the alerting are ignored. If result of query greater as the value of warning/down, the result of the rule is ok and no warning will be send.
  • bluenetdatabluenetdata
    no graphs will be create for WMI. is this by design?
    Yes this is correct.
  • bluenetdatabluenetdata
    can create custom graphs for WMI? We monitor terminalserver and we want to create graphs for active sessions. Is this possible?
    8.8.7 does the graphing of the WMI values being returned
  • bluenetdatabluenetdata
    since upgrade to 9.0.9 our WMI rules return value "0" and the graphs will not be updated. Is this feature removed in the new release of serverscheck?
This discussion has been closed.