Creating new monitor for existing device

MikeHMikeH
Today is my first experience with serverscheck software and I have run into an issue. I am trying to create a new monitor for an existing device which already had the windows health monitor running just fine.

I am trying to add an event log monitor for errors. I set everything up correctly from target to credentials and it says "ok" but when I test the monitor it comes back "down?". Has anyone specifically experienced an issue with monitoring the application log file?

Thanks!

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    What is the error message?
  • MikeHMikeH
    So I am trying to add a monitor for the application log. I want to be alerted to any errors that are generated.

When I test the settings after selecting specifically the application log this is what I get.

Testing Settings

The check has been performed. Make sure that the ServersCheck Monitoring Service runs under a Windows Admin account and not the Local System Account.

Error returned: Type: Error Log: Application Msg: CounterSoft.Gemini.WebServices - Invalid URI - Requested Resource could not be found. - at CounterSoft.Gemini.WebServices.BaseService.ThrowResponseException(WebResponse response) at CounterSoft.Gemini.WebServices.BaseService.ProcessResponse[T](String url, Object obj, RequestType requestType) at CounterSoft.Gemini.WebServices.BaseService.GetResponse[T](String url, Object o, RequestType r) at CounterSoft.Gemini.WebServices.IssuesService.GetIssueAlertRecepients(Int32 issueId) at CounterSoft.Gemini.Scheduler.EmailAlertsProcess.ProcessIssueAlerts() on 21/07/2011 at 16:57 Record: 7640601 Source: CounterSoft Gemini Scheduler User:

Despite it saying the monitor is running the check count does not change. The credentials I am using are domain admin credentials.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

MikeH
  • MikeHMikeH
    The only log I can scan without getting an error is the security log. If I use the same exact settings for either the application or system log they both fail. The system log generates the following error:

Error returned: Type: Error Log: System Msg: The device, DeviceCdRom0, has a bad block. on 21/07/2011 at 03:50 Record: 157112 Source: cdrom User:

This is odd to me....
  • AdministratorAdministrator
    The EVENTLOG check will report a DOWN? status when the defined condition is met.

This means if an entry in the EVENTLOG can be found:

- any entry if no match defined at any given time

- a matching entry can be found at any given time

- a matching or non-matching entry can be found within defined time limit
This discussion has been closed.