SIP plugin not working

[Deleted User][Deleted User]
Version 8.8.8 I think

I am currently evaluating serverscheck, and I am testing the SIP plugin, I have entered our server address rtsp://a.b.c.d sip ID 100@a.b.c.d and it gave me a big tick to say SIP was ok. I then changed the ip to a server that doesn't exist so I could check that the alarm was working, and I still have a big tick saying SIP is ok, so it appears this doesn't work, anyone else got SIP working?

Thanks

Wayne

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Run the web server in debug mode and then click on TEST SETTINGS

Reply with the debug output shown

http://kb.serverscheck.com/index.php/Webserver_debug
  • Hello Administrator,

I am looking at this problem for wayne and have performed the debug, find the file included. I have also installed verison 8.8.9

At present I have not had any failed tests on SIP connections, and within Server check it is always has a green status

------------------- DEBUG ------------------------
  • More Log Files, I set up FreePBX and got 2 SIP clients connected and working, then tested the SIP connection to the server. This test should be coming back ok (which it is) but no graphs are being populated.
    Thank you for the debug output

We are working on a fix that will be made available with the next minor update.
  • Hello Mr Administrator, do you have an ETA on when this update might be ready, the SIP monitoring is the main reason we looking at this software so we would like to test before purchasing.

THANK YOU
    Please upgrade to 8.8.10
  • Hello Mr Administrator

I have updated to 8.8.10 this morning. I deleted all my existing monitors and recreated them again.

I am now getting all my SIP checks failing, as normal I believed this to be user error and have spent the morning checking it out. I have SIP clients logged in to my PBX working correct however Server Check is marking them as offline.

Logfiles below, I have tried with a range of usernames and have been running a wireshark trace on the servercheck monitor. Something I am noting is that you are sending out malformed UDP packed and do not meet the checksum, this might be why there is no reply from the SIP server.

Wireshark Error message - Header checksum: 0x0000 [incorrect, should be 0xc327 (maybe caused by "IP checksum offload"?)]

I have also got my hands on a dedicated SIP protocal checker and can query the machines, this is the reply i get when doing a direct SIP query via script so I know we can check the stat of the SIP with teh details i am providing

10.0.0.212 (freePBX) - Reply = SIP/2.0 200 OK, 0.001678 seconds response time, cnt=1|rtt=0.001678s;cnt=1;0.5s;1s;0:10; code=200

Please try with following update and send the debug output:

http://files.serverscheck.net/debug/monitoring_test.exe

(install the file in your main ServersCheck directory - replacing current one)
  • We making progress, we are now getting a reply sip message from the server, however

Error returned: Unknown: 416 in header SIP/2.0 416 Unsupported URI scheme, this is the error message that ServersCheck and Wireshark are giving.

need a log?
    Yes please as it should output data sent and received
    You are not getting an output like it should on the monitoring_test.exe making us wonder if you have the right build.

We have uploaded a new build to the same url.

Launch the monitoring_test.exe in your main ServersCheck directory from the command prompt and verify that it says 8.8.11

When indeed 8.8.11, then do the above debug test again.

• Good Morning

This morning I have installed a clean install of windows server 2008 standard R2. I downloaded the file from this location

http://downloads.serverscheck.com/monitoring_software/setup.exe

When I run Monitor_text, I get a verison number of 8.8.9

SceenShot http://postimage.org/image/ih1ul9fo/

Clean Windows install, Clean download
    That is why it is not working.

Can you make sure to download the monitoring_test.exe from this url:

http://files.serverscheck.net/debug/monitoring_test.exe

and replace the installed one with the downloaded one?

It should then say 8.8.11
  • Take 2

Updated the Monitoring_test.exe I can confirm it is now saying 8.8.11. However we seem to have gone backwards in time as I am now seeing no UDP or SIP packets being sent from the machine.

# Fri Sep 23 12:00:50 2011 Running in test mode

# test Fri Sep 23 12:00:50 2011 testmode:1

# test Fri Sep 23 12:00:50 2011 TEST - Starting check

# Fri Sep 23 12:00:50 2011 NO file TEST - SIP

sipid: 100@10.0.0.212

host: rtsp://10.0.0.212

SIP done# Fri Sep 23 12:00:50 2011 Graphing? eq true and 0>=300

# test Fri Sep 23 12:00:50 2011 TEST - DOWN? - Unable to connect to rtsp://10.0.0.212 -
    We have tested it here over and over with multiple SIP gateways including Google's and did not had the issue. It seems that sometimes it connects to your SIP gateway and sometimes it does not throwing above latest error.
This discussion has been closed.