Blank SMS

dvoratdvorat
we have SC business500 8.8.11 edition.

We created some ODBCSQL check to monitor our ORACLE productivity.These rules are working fine, BUT

we created TEAMS to be notified via email and SMS. Each users in this group has specific setting as timeframe for receiving alerts.

BUT THE PROBLEM IS that users are receiving SMS alert anytime. Only difference is that outside of timeframe there is nothing in SMS ( EMPTY SMS )

Please, can You simulate this in Your lab to know if this is bug or some problem in our setting.

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    This is not possible to simulate. Every setup is different.

You can run the alerting module in debug mode and track what messages are sent. Debug mode instructions: http://wiki.serverscheck.com/index.php/Alerting_debug
  • dvoratdvorat
    I ran SC in debug mode for alerting but it looks OK. SMS send alert ID xxxxx.

So the problem appears to be that alert is blank in case that user ¨is in OFFSITE hours ¨

IDEA FOR ALERTING :

we use email and SMS alerting. in case of LAN connection troubles the alerting ( SMS and email ) is going to be VEEEERY delayed as SMTP server is not reachable and all alerts are in queue.

MAYBE TO SPLIT SMS AND EMAIL ALERTING.
    SMS and Email are split in separate threads.
  • dvoratdvorat
    So, any idea please, why my SMS are delayed ?

• dvoratdvorat
    ABOUT BLANK SMS

I can see that SC is sending SMS and email with AlertID, but in alerts_log file there is no Alert with this ID.

Looks like SC is not creating " alert content" but place in queue for sending this alert.

If needed I can send You mentioned logs.
    SMS are sent sequentially due to the nature of serial communications. This means that they are sent one after another with one SMS sending taking around 15-30 seconds.
This discussion has been closed.