appliance freezes

AlainBAlainB
We have a serverscheck appliance (the small orange box) with the optional SMS-modem. We have defined 39 checks.

We experienced that every 7 to 10 days the appliance freezes: it's not possible to login, the device cannot be ping-ed, and no checks are performed. The only thing to do is to switch off the device using the switch at the back of the device, and turn it back on.

Apart from the serverscheck software and the software for the SMS-modem, no other software is installed (not even an anti-virus).

What could be the cause of this error?

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Hello,

What version of the software are you running? Have you kept the updates on them as well?
  • AlainBAlainB
    We have BUSINESS 250 Edition - version 8.8.9.
    Is Windows updated? Is it blue screening or is it non responsive?
  • AlainBAlainB
    There were 3 pending items in Windows updates:

* Update Rollup for ActiveX Killbits for Windows XP (KB2562937)

* Update for Windows XP (KB2570791)

* Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - November 2011 (KB890830)

I just installed them.

The appliance is not blue screening. It's just not responsive.

Did you have any other software installed on the appliance (like Antivirus or other)?

Did you reboot the appliance? If so, where does it stop in the process (when does it become unresponsive)?

Do you have a monitor and keyboard connected to it or just via RDP? If only via RDP, try connecting a monitoring & keyboard to it.

• AlainBAlainB
    * no other software is installed

* I rebooted the appliance a few days ago (December 1) because it was not responsive.

* it works fine for a few days and suddenly stops

* monitor, keyboard and mouse are connected

* sometimes I connect with RDP

I will clear the event viewer logs, and will send a new message to the forum as soon as the appliance is stuck again. I will include suspicious event viewer entries.

Thanks for the help so far.
This discussion has been closed.