Checks stopped working with new version

pat.colellapat.colella
The checks are not working since upgrading to the latest version.

Devices are showing IP_DEST_HOST_UNREACHABLE, The RPC server is unavailable, Connection to host timed out but all devices are really up.

Tried to restart machine and also restart servercheck services. I do not see monitoring thread process anymore in the task manager. If i launch it manually it will eventually crash.

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    The error messages seem to come from an issue at communicating with the network layer of your OS. So either that Windows component is failing or the network communication.

When coming just after an upgrade and nothing was changed on the OS (no service pack, AV update or something like that), then a conflict somewhere in the upgrade may be the root cause.

In that event try doing a manual upgrade and let us know if that helps.
  • pat.colellapat.colella
    I did, i removed the software, full uninstall, then reinstalled everything and copied the files back over.

Shouldnt the process for the monitoring thread be running in task manager for server checks? Its no longer there with the upgrade.
  • pat.colellapat.colella
    also seeing some alerts say Not enough storage is available tocomplete this operation
    Can you run the monitoring manager in debug mode and reply with the debug output? http://wiki.serverscheck.com/index.php/Monitoring_debug

How is your C: drive? Disk capacity full or still space available?

Something seems to be wrong on that system. The errors are all Windows related errors and not generated by ServersCheck but returned by the OS.

Not enough storage typically points to a RAM issue.

Is there any other software installed on your system? Can you just try running it of a different system and see if it works (which it should)

• pat.colellapat.colella
    I ran that and it showed servercheck monitroing super thread has stopped working

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: monitoring_thread2.exe

Application Version: 8.8.0.0

Application Timestamp: 4c592cb3

Fault Module Name: perl58.dll

Fault Module Version: 5.8.9.829

Fault Module Timestamp: 4d39adb9

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00036c8a

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:Windowssystem32en-USerofflps.txt
  • pat.colellapat.colella
    230 gb free out of 300gb. 4gig of ram, showing 1.8gb free
    If the manual upgrade doesn't help then can you try installing it on a different system and see if it works?
This discussion has been closed.