email alert notifications

MilosTMilosT
Hi,

I have discovered an old version of Serverscheck license 6.9.3 in our company. After installing and creating some monitoring rules I realized that the email alert notifications does not work. The rules themselves are configured correctly and work fine. I tried both(internal mail server and outgoing SMTP) mail server options with no luck.

Any hint please? Thanks a lot.

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    MilosT, 6.9.3 is a more than 5 years old version. As there are so many changes since that version (see release notes) I can't confirm it was a bug or not.

That being said email alerting most often fails when Antivirus or similar is installed on the system hosting the monitoring software. Typically such software will block any email that an application is trying to send out, unless it is authorized by the AV software to do so
  • MilosTMilosT
    Thank you for response.

Actually there is no Antivirus software on it, firewall is turned off.

After few days debugging it start to send emails. I used privileged accounts for exchange server authentification for sure before. But only when I deleted account credentials and add the serverschceck host machine's IP to the Exchange "allow relay remote servers IP range" - emails started to get through to the recipient..

Thanks anyway a lot :)
This discussion has been closed.