Internet Explorer Cannot Display Webpage

iceenergyiceenergy
After a restart last week, I have not been able to successfully connect to the ServersCheck management webpage on my Windows 2008 server. I have tried reconfiguring the service logins, I have searched everywhere for log messages that are helpful to no avail. Both the monitoring and web services start Ok, but the management page at (http://localhost:1272/) won't open. Please help!

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    What version and release are you running?

What output do you get to both debug file and console when you run the webserver in debug mode?

http://wiki.serverscheck.com/index.php/Webserver_debug
  • iceenergyiceenergy
    I think I am running 8.2.2 but I don't know how to tell when I can't open the management page.

When I run the s-server.exe > debut.txt command, I get the following error message: The ordinal 2586 could not be located in the dynamic link library LIBEAY32.dll.
    There is probably a conflict with another software that has the LIBEAY32.DLL installed. Remove all LIBEAY32.DLL from your system and perform a clean install
  • iceenergyiceenergy
    There are 39 LIBEAY32.DLLs on my server. I don't feel comfortable just deleting them all. What other options do I have? Could I uninstall and reinstall ServersCheck? If I do, is there a way to save the database?
    Uninstalling won't help. The issue is that there is another software installed that has an older version of the LIBEAY32.DLL installed and refers to it from the Environmental variables instead of having it installed in the same directory as where that software is. This causes ServersCheck to use the wrong DLL and failing.

That is why we recommend to install it on a system (physical or virtual) where there is no other software installed.
  • iceenergyiceenergy
    Ok, so is there a way to manually point the environmental variable back to the LIBEAY32.dll provided by ServersCheck?
    No there is not - environmental variables overrule locally installed. The issue with the other software that has not installed their components as it should.
  • iceenergyiceenergy
    Ok. Next question, can I move the database I created on this server to a new one? So I don't have to manually setup all of my checks again?
  • iceenergyiceenergy
    I removed all LIBEAY32.DLLs from my system and then re-installed ServersCheck. I re-checked and sure enough, I only have (2) LIBEAY32.DLLs (both inside the ServersCheck program files directory). I still get the same error when I try and start s-server.exe.

The ordinal 2586 could not be located in the dynamic link library LIBEAY32.dll.
    8.2.2 is an old release and no longer supported - best is to try and run it on a new clean Windows system. If the issue persists, then see if release 9.0 works in your environment.
  • RodriguezRodriguez
    Install servercheck on another machine desktop copy the LIBEAY32.DLL from the servercheck directory.

Uninstall off the server that is having the problem reinstall stop both services and paste the LIBEAY32.DLLs to the system32 folder and restart the services and all should be fine.

I had the same problem servercheck could not help me so I figured it out for myself and all is ok now.
    Rodriguez - it is bad practice to put a DLL in a Windows System32 folder like the other app did. While this might solve your ServersCheck problem, it could create an issue with the app that originally installed the LIBEAY32.DLL in the System32 folder
This discussion has been closed.