Editing Alerts?

[Deleted User][Deleted User]
I'm new to the serverscheck devices and software and was hoping to use the centralised monitoring available using the server room monitoring (v9.0.8) tool. To monitor the temperature in our server room and the flood sensor warnings as well.

I have 2 items setup for monitoring flooding and temperature. I'm setting the flooding item off I can see the value changing in the server room monitoring tool from 0.00 to 1.00 but no message seems to be sent. I tested the email settings and receive the test messages so I know that is working.

Where do I go to verify the alert settings after the monitoring has been setup? From the wiki it looks like you can only do it through the wizard, is that right or have I missed something?

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Go to your monitor overview page and then click on the edit icon or the name of the monitor. You will then get into the configuration page of that monitor. Click on the DOWN ALERTS button to set your alerting options for that monitor
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Thank you for that. I couldn't see it and it was right in front of me!

I verified the alerting and it looks ok. I have it set to email on each status change. I thought that when the value changed from 0.00 (dry) to 1.00 (wet) that would trigger this alert. That doesn't seem to be the case though. When I 'flood' the cable and have the value change the server monitor doesn't seem to register that as it being down. I've done it a few times and I can see the value change but its showing 0 in the down column.

Have I missed something?
  • AdministratorAdministrator
    We have detected an issue with the newest firmware of our sensorgateway v4. An update is currently being pushed out (release 9.0.9) fixing that problem.

Upgrade your ServersCheck software and you should be all set.
This discussion has been closed.