Strange Ping Results

[Deleted User][Deleted User]
Hi,

I am using Serverscheck 5.8.2 Ent. Edition - monitoring around 50 rules...mainly pinging.

All looked to be working fine, until yesterday when a hardware failure meant I'm unable to contact a remote site (where I have a rule to ping the server).

...Serverscheck Rule says the server is down (like it should)

...and the log file shows 'Connection to host timed out' (like it should)

...BUT, the ping response time for this server (Average RTT) in the graph shows ping times of between 4.0 - 25ms!!

Service level and Availability graphs both show device as down.

Thanks!

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    So it is the value graph that still plots a value where there is actually no value correct? Could you email the graphs to support@serverscheck.com so that I can check with our support and development team.

Alerts were sent out correctly?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Hi,

I've emailed the graphs to the address given, as requested (but got an auto reply statiing:

"We have implemented a new ticketting and support system on December 12th 2004.

As a result of this implementation, the email address support@serverscheck.com has been discontinued"

Is there a 'continued' address I can send them too?

Thanks
    Our tech support received it.

We will get back to you shortly.

Regards,

Forum Administrator
    Any Update?

Hi,

I sent my log files and screenshots showing the problem as requested, but haven't heard anything...

Hopefully from the screenshots you can see the graph displays a varying value of RTT time, although the server was indeed switched off.

Thanks
    We have not received those files. My colleague Alex has sent you an email about this 1 hour ago. Could you try and send it to support@serverscheck.com

Regards,

Forum Administrator
    I've sent them twice already, to 'techsupport@serverscheck.com' - once yesterday and again this morning...

I will email them to support@serverscheck.com now.

Dear Sir,

We still have not received anything from you. We checked our mail servers and incoming mails on the support accounts from other customers keep flowing in.
This discussion has been closed.