Monitor Exchange 5.5

tc_thuntc_thun
I tried to monitor the Informationstore Service of Exchange 5.5. The follow error is shown:

Zurückgegebener Fehler: UNKNOWN

The serverscheck monitoring service is running under a specific administrator account with enough rights on the exchange server.

Does anyone have a solution?

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    are you using the correct service name (for example W3SVC for World Wide Web service)?

is the configuration server running as a service or was it started from the desktop. If started from the desktop, under what account are you logged in (same as Monitoring Service?)

• tc_thuntc_thun
    I use the name "MS Exchange-Informationsspeicher". I tried (net stop "MS Exchange-Informationsspeicher") on a Exchangeserver and the command was accepted. So the service name must be right.

The configuration server is running as a service with a domain account with specific admin rights on all servers (ex. exchange server)
    I don't know the exchange service names but you must use the short names (the one in the field service name - not the display name!)
  • tc_thuntc_thun
    If tired another possible service name "msexchangeis" but it won't work.

Hmm, the Exchangeserver is not in the same domain as Serverscheck-Server. Could that a problem?
  • tc_thuntc_thun
    I got a new message:

Zurückgegebener Fehler: Error : [-2147221164] Klasse nicht registriert

What OS runs on the Exchange 5 system?
  • tc_thuntc_thun
    >> What OS runs on the Exchange 5 system?

NT 4 SP6
    This might clarify a few things:

- first of all NT4 SP6 systems are no longer actively supported (as Microsoft stopped support for it more than a year ago)

- NT4 systems do not have the WMI protocol installed by default. You will need to install WMI (if you have not done so on your NT4 box)

The WMI protocol is used to query servers from a different system (to obtain disk space, service status etc...)
  • tc_thuntc_thun
    Hmm, that I imagined nearly. We doesn't have installed WMI on all of our NT4 Systems. In four month we change to exchange 2003 so it doesn't make sense to install WMI yet.

Ok, thanks for help.
This discussion has been closed.