No monitoring

hoffa2khoffa2k
Hello

I´m currently running the latest version, 6.2.1. Everyhting has been running fine until a few days ago when the monitoring stopped updating the GUI. No errors are recieved and no alerts are sent when somethings happends.

This must be solved. I´ve restarted the services without solution.

Regards

/Fredrik

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Run ServersCheck in debug mode (see knowledge base

http://kb.serverscheck.com/index.php?page=index_v2&id=33&c=6 )

Login to the online helpdesk with your account details and send via email the output of the debug mode to the support team.

Probably your upgrade was not performed correctly.
  • hoffa2khoffa2k
    The debug process returns

"Can´t call method "Close on an undefiend value at monitoring_manager.pl line 1043"
    Probably your ODBC settings are incorrect.

If you don't use ODBC logging, then make sure that the ODBC logging field is empty
  • hoffa2khoffa2k
    Hmm the ODBC-field had a connection string but ODBC-logging is not in use. This has been cleared.

Now the service starts ok in debug mode and 3 monitoring_rule.exe appear in Windows Task manager, also the rule list is processed.

However nothing happends when I quit debug mode and start the regular service.
    ServersCheck, as per documentation, installs a default database in the root directory. If you removed that serverscheck.mdb then of course it fails. We have updated in 6.2.2 that the database issue no longer causes a crash.

When you quit the debug mode are all monitoring_rule.exe's and monitoring_manager.exe removed from the Windows Task Manager?

Have you rebooted your system?
  • hoffa2khoffa2k
    The .mdb in the root directory is still there an is untouched. All services regarding monitoring is removed from the Task manager when quitting debug.

The system has not been rebooted since just after the first post.

/fredrik
    Please reboot your system.

From the debug there was an error in your ODBC connection settings - so something must have changed on your ServersCheck configuration.
  • hoffa2khoffa2k
    Reboot didn´t help. Still no monitoring
    Probably the s-service.exe is corrupt then because of a failed upgrade procedure (?)

You can still perform your monitoring by running it in Debug mode like described.

Run the upgrade.exe component to make sure you have the latest components.
  • hoffa2khoffa2k
    upgrade.exe says I already have the latest upgrade
  • hoffa2khoffa2k
    I´ve downgraded to 6.1.4 which was the latest downloaded version I had on disk. That seems to work. I will leave that for the weekend and continue on monday
This discussion has been closed.