Eventlog check

FrancescFrancesc
Hello,

The rule that tests if an error in the eventlog has been generated remember when the error has been read by Servers check?

What I mean is that if an event exists in the event log, shoul I delete all the event log to avoid that everytime that this rule is executed alerts or the program knows when an event has triggered one time and is never again read this event?

Thanks,

Francesc

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Correct. Either delete the entry or back it up.

As long as the error is found in the eventlog, the status will be down until something has been done to rectify the issue.
  • FrancescFrancesc
    But the only want that I can do is delete all the event log, because there's no possibility to delete only one event.
    You can also empty the log by saving it. As a result you can access always later the event log (so that it is not deleted). See it as moving.
  • FrancescFrancesc
    Hello,

I suggest as a improvement that ServersCheck register that an EVENT that has generated an alert and never again generates another one the same event. This way the eventlog has not to be deleted from system.

Do you think this improvement could be included in future versions?

Greetings,

Francesc
    No I don't think that this will be done.

Because users have explicitely requested this feature to be like it is. The purpose of an alert is to react on it not to leave the issue open.

This discussion has been closed.