Stealth mode

FrancescFrancesc
Hello,

I've executed the command s-server stealth to encrypt the conf file and as soon as this has been executed, the program has fallen. Fortunately I did a backup of the conf file before the actuation. How should I do to encrypt the conf file without desconfiguring the program?

I use the upgraded version 6.4.1 Enterprise MX2 edition.

Greetings,

Francesc

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Stealth mode is still in beta

Please provide the error when it crashed.

Do this by running the s-server.exe and then replying with the output

(after configuring it in stealth mode, the s-server needs to be restarted - I assume you did it)
  • FrancescFrancesc

Yes, the s-server was restarted, but after this, the application shown the rules page empty and the program was unconfigured totally. The command didn't generated any message, but all the ruled diappeared.

Quote: Originally posted by Administrator on 29 May 2006

Stealth mode is still in beta

Please provide the error when it crashed.

Do this by running the s-server.exe and then replying with the output

(after configuring it in stealth mode, the s-server needs to be restarted - I assume you did it)

That seems strange as the error is different from what you first described (the application was falling - assuming that it did not reply)

You can contact our helpdesk and send your conf file so that they can debug. For that login to the online helpdesk.

• FrancescFrancesc

I've observed that the program works until I edit any rule. When encrypted, the encrypted file has the same size than the original, but as soon as I edit any rule, the file decreases in size until 500 bytes and program lose all the rules.

I've sent to you the original file, the file after encrypted and the file encrypted after editing any rule.

Greetings,

Francesc

Quote: Originally posted by Administrator on 30 May 2006

That seems strange as the error is different from what you first described (the application was falling - assuming that it did not reply)

You can contact our helpdesk and send your conf file so that they can debug. For that login to the online helpdesk.

I will have that checked but as far as I know, once encrypted the purpose is not to change the configuration.

What did you try to change (as our support staff will need to replicate your steps). Best is to take a screenshot of each step and send it to them
  • FrancescFrancesc
    The screens has been sent to the helpdesk with a description of the steps followed.

Greetings,

Francesc

Quote: Originally posted by Administrator on 30 May 2006

I will have that checked but as far as I know, once encrypted the purpose is not to change the configuration.

What did you try to change (as our support staff will need to replicate your steps). Best is to take a screenshot of each step and send it to them

This discussion has been closed.