smtp errors

sraynersrayner
I keep getting this error when trying to send email alerts,it happens with my smtp server also. Any ideas.

ServersCheck mail server. Returned: ERROR: 10053 - Connection is aborted due to timeout or other failure

thanks, steve

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Is there a firewall soft running on the PC that blocks port 25 (outgoing SMTP?)

You might want to do a TCP check on port 25 for your mail server
  • sraynersrayner
    There is no software firewall running on this machine, I have allowed the server check machine SMTP through our hardware firewall out to the internet and also configured our exchange server to allow relay by the server check machine.

Whatever I do I get the same error.

Also in future releases is there going to be msn to mobile messaging functionality? I have the necessary accounts set up but server check will not send mobile messages.

Thanks for your help, Steve
  • AdministratorAdministrator
    You have no anti-virus software either running on that machine, correct?

What about the TCP check on port 25 to your defined mail server did that return an OK status?

There are no current plans on MSN mobile messages since we offer 3 possible SMS message options
  • sraynersrayner
    Thanks, was the AV causing proplems.

Shame about mobile messaging, by default if a contact is offline MSN sends to mobile(as long as you have credits) Just wondered if it was a simple code change to force serverscheck to do the same.

Regards, Steve
  • FDISKFDISK
    Differnt type of SMTP "error" I'm hoping someone else has seen. I have ServersCheck configured to send email alerts via an external smtp server. The Serverscheck smtp logs show the correct time stamp but my end users (using Eudora, mostly) are complaing that the email has an incorrect timestamp (12 hours early). Linux systems receive the SeversCheck alerts with the proper time stamp. Have triple checked the time on the server. Question is, is there something about the way Serverschack forms to smtp timestamp that Eudora doesn't understand? (I have asked Eudora the same question).
This discussion has been closed.