Graphic values

FrancescFrancesc
Hello,

Now we have 200 rules executing and every 300 secs the CPU goes to 100% while the graphics are calculated, so we switched off ealmost all graphics (we only left the really important graphic rules).

But I think I can't create a graphic from a rule with the CREATE THE GRAPHIC setting in NO, because values are not stored.

The values are stored even if the graphic is not generated? I'd like to keep stored the values without generate the graphic automatically.

I don't know is this can be done.

Greetings again!!

Francesc

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
  • FrancescFrancesc
    But my question is:

If I disable the graph for a rule, the values are stored or not?

Can I create in a future a graph from a rule with the graph disabled?

Quote: Originally posted by Administrator on 12 June 2006

See following knowledge base article

http://kb.serverscheck.com/index.php?page=index_v2&id=34&c=6

With following the settings of the knowledge base then yes.
  • FrancescFrancesc
    Hello again,

I've followed the settings adding the <X>true to the conf file. Now, if a rule has disabled the graphic generation during 1 hour for example and I want to generate the graph with the values of this hour, how should I do to get this graphic?

Regards,

Francesc

Quote: Originally posted by Administrator on 12 June 2006

With following the settings of the knowledge base then yes.

Go to the "trend analysis" option in the reporting menu and create a graph with value for your time range.
  • FrancescFrancesc
    When I generate a graph for a rule with the "create graphic" disabled, the graph is empty and if I download the data as CSV, the data is empty.

Francesc

Quote: Originally posted by Administrator on 13 June 2006

Go to the "trend analysis" option in the reporting menu and create a graph with value for your time range.

you need to have graphing enabled in the rule but use the setting described here:

• FrancescFrancesc
    Do you thing that with this setting I can enable all the graphics (200 rules) without have the CPU at 100% every time that SC generates the graphics with the rrdtools.exe process?

I disabled all the graphics because our server fell down every 300 seconds.

Francesc

Quote: Originally posted by Administrator on 13 June 2006

you need to have graphing enabled in the rule but use the setting described here:

What that setting it will reduce the number of graphs (which take most of the processing time).

Each time a value is stored, it will launch a RRDtool process.

You can also increase the graphing interval.
This discussion has been closed.