For the forum or support?

tdanseytdansey
Good morning admin.

Late last night I suddenly saw a rash of alarms kick in mainly on port 21/25 checks.

Thinking that they would "go away" overnight I left them.

This morning I panicced when I saw that most of them were still showing as down although the "last time up" showed around 5am this morning.

When I went to manually check one or two of the sites I found that they were indeed up and running and if I look at the graphs for those rules they show that all appears to be ok but some reason they are showing as down on the main rules page.

I have take a couple of screen shots of the "action". Do you want them to you on the forum or to the support team directly?

Thanks

Update on the above. I have just looked again at the all rules page and the Last Up times for nearly all of the sensors seem to have stopped around 5am even though the page appears to be refreshing every so often. I have also added a new rule this morning and it appears on the All Rules page, although it has not got a reading for the sensor. I will reboot the server I think.

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Please contact support.

We have seen in the past that automatic updates like from Microsoft can cause issue like you described.

Make sure that automatic updates are turned off.
  • AdministratorAdministrator
    Did you had a chance to send us the document?
  • tdanseytdansey
    Sorry no. We have been snowed under with tech support calls ourselves today.

Will try and do so tomorrow - thanks.
  • tdanseytdansey
    By way of an update I have increased the ram on the server as I think that one of the problems was a lack of resources. I'll keep an eye on it and let you know how I get on.

First impressions are that remote access of the http pages is noticably faster with a lot less failed refreshes although at the moment the refresh is about every second making it difficult to hit the acknowledge buttons quickly enough!
This discussion has been closed.