voice modem + win 2003 server

emb-milemb-mil
Hello guys,

My System:

Win 2003 Server

ServersCheck 6

Acer Modem 56 Surf

MS Text to Speech is installed

My problem is that the modem is calling and after a few seconds the modem hang up. I Cant hear anything. Text is written in the Box form ServersCheck 6, so normally a voice should appear when the modem is calling me.

Hope you can help me.

Bye

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Is the modem listed as a sound driver? (Uni-modem)

Did you answer the phone? You need to answer by saying "Hello" or similar. It will detect a voice and then starts reading out the message.
  • emb-milemb-mil
    Yes the modem is listed as a sound driver. I have no chance to say anything because the modem hang up after 1 - 2 seconds ( its ringing 1- 2 times).
    The problem with voice alerts is that it can not detected if an answering machine or a human voice is picking up the line.

As per help file, SMS and email alerting are the recommended alerting options.

Unfortunately we do not have the Acer modem to test it out. The feature has been tested on a Lucent Winmodem.
    Another thing: have you tried making voice calls with another software package?
  • emb-milemb-mil
    yes we have tried it and it has worked.
    What software package have you tried it with and what TTS engine was used by that software?
This discussion has been closed.