Configure Groups and Devices

tdanseytdansey
Has this section moved in 6.5?

I can't seem to track it down. It isn't on the normal configuration screen (aka I can't see it there).

Thanks

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    The way groups and devices work have been integrated as per release notes in the Group / Device views in 6.5.0

See help file:

http://www.serverscheck.com/help6/definegroups.html

http://www.serverscheck.com/help6/definedevices.html
  • tdanseytdansey
    Thanks - I had looked at the online help file from the programme and that indicated that it was in the same place.

• tdanseytdansey
    I have just followed the links, but it may be the heat - I can't see how you actually amend a device. I can see how you add a device (and group) but how do you amend them?
  • tdanseytdansey
    Can I flag this again please.

Maybe I am being thick, but I still can't see how to amend devices. Add/define them is not a problem.

Thanks - Terry
    Click on the edit icon next to the delete icon
  • tdanseytdansey
    Thank you.

Those icons are not showing up in my browser, they are blank squares as are some of the others. The browser is IE7 beta 2, but that is a different subject.

Thanks again and have a pleasant weekend.
    Apparently some icons did not install then. Perform a manual upgrade to 6.5.0
  • tdanseytdansey
    I think that the icons are installed, that doesn't seem to be the problem. It seems to depend which browser I use. In IE7 the VNC and "configure device" icons do not appear before the refresh (15 seconds) has taken place.

In Firefox I can see the icons but they are the last to appear just before the refrsh.

Also in IE7 if I click on the "configure device" icon, I get a second rendition of the left hand column, (the one with Dashboard views, Network Maps etc.). Then when I click a second time on the icon I go to the device page. That is if the icons rewrite before the page refreshes.

The SC server is on the same network as I am sitting.

Thanks again
    Firefox:

How many rules do you have defined? It could be that there is room for improving the page rendering by loading images first or some other kind of solution (that's up to our developers)

IE7: Officially speaking I can't really help you as this is a beta browser.

I tend to think that the issue is related to mixed up frames by having either multiple screens open (by using tabs) or some other frames issue.

Restart your browser and see if it happens again.
  • tdanseytdansey
    50 rules.

I have just noticed that if I click on the amend device icon in Firefox, it doesn't actually open.

I appreciate that IE7 is beta, but I am sure that you don't mind the feedback.

I have restarted IE7 and it still does the same. Will screen shots "help"?
    You are most welcome is submitting it in a word doc through the online helpdesk. However please note that the support team will not get back to you since it is a beta product.

They will look into it and depending on development priorities make the software IE 7 ready or not.
This discussion has been closed.