Inatallation and Configuration issues

PhilHPhilH
I had problems connecting to the upgrade server due to our network security so uninstalled the old version (6.4.3), rebooted, removed the old Serverscheck folders and installed version 6.5.0.

I now have a problem in that I can't add devices through the console - but the devices.conf file can be edited manually, copying entries from my previous installation. When creating any rule (including a ping rule), clicking on Test Settings brings up the about:blank explorer window correctly but this window remains blank and hangs the Serverscheck configuration service on the console server.

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    These 2 errors tend to make me believe that the Configuration Server is running as a service with no access rights on that folder (is the folder secured somehow).

The s-server.exe seems to be unable to run the monitoring_rule.exe thread.

Can you install the evaluation version on your personal computer and create a PING rule, test it and add a device.

If that works as it should, then there is something wrong on the configuration of the current ServersCheck host.
  • PhilHPhilH
    This all works fine now. I have set full control permissions to the account that starts the service and I can now add devices and create and run a ping rule. I'll take this issue back to the sensors part of the forum if you think this is OK.

Thank you for your help
This discussion has been closed.