Configuration troubles

pulmerpulmer
Hello Support,

We`ve just purchased Serverscheck Enterprise and now I`m running into minor configuration problems.

One problem is that once a check is defined, there is no way to see which group will be alerted in case of an outage. That also means this can`t be changed in the rule afterwards.

Detection of devices works well, but when I change the properties of one device in the overview and try to edit the next device, the frame shows itself in the frame instead of the device properties. A workaround is to switch to the device overview every time after changing a device.

One PC has 2 interfaces and so has been detected twice. After naming both interfaces with the same name, the first disappeared. I manually readded the first interface after renaming the second one to XXX/2 and this shows fine in the device overview, but when selecting the device for a check, there now the old entry and the new can be seen beside the second interface.

I removed the Sample Team and added an own, but in the pulldown menu I still can choose the Sample Team. Can this be changed?

Is the only way to avoid configuration problems with false entries to backup all conf files before changing/adding rules?

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Just backup the *.conf files in your main ServersCheck directory -> see knowledge base

"Group will be alerted": do you mean team? Simply click on the rule to edit it, then click on the alerts button and you will see how is being alerted. This can be changed at any stage.

Make sure to refresh after diting the first device.

If you have a double device entry, then delete one in order to avoid duplicates.
  • pulmerpulmer
    Editing the .conf files helped in deleting the duplicates and Sample Team.

Thanks again for the fast help!
This discussion has been closed.