Antivirus Alert

jsisjsis
I'm trying to setup the antivirus alert rule but no matter what I do it always comes up as down. I've followed the help link and have tried the target as a pc that has a valid antivirus definition installed but it still comes up as down. I'm using symantec antivirus.

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Is SP2 installed and does Symantec report the virus status to the Microsoft Security Center?
  • yes I have tried it with a windows 2003 server and a windows xp sp2 workstation and the security center is saying my workstation is not protected. The target host is the workstation that has the valid symantec installed and the latest definitions installed correct? I've tried it both ways but still getting the down message.
    The information ServersCheck receives is of the Security Center. If it says that you are not protected then you will get the down message.

ServersCheck requests the status from the Microsoft Security Center
  • yes that I understand but even when I install symantec antivirus and have the latest definitions it still says down. The security center reports no errors but yet I'm receiving down.
    What does the Microsoft Security Center report as to virus status and what is the down error?
  • it says it is up to date and the down error says that 192.168.123.105 antivirus is not up to date.
    It looks like it doesn't get the info from the Microsoft Security Center on the Windows XP SP2 system.

I will pass it on to our development team for further review
This discussion has been closed.