slow or no status change

Johan.WautersJohan.Wauters
HI

I run Serverscheck 6.8.1.

There are 135 rules.

60 ping rules with the default check times like (180/180/down after 3 try's)

So when I disable the network card of the serverscheck server u should think I will have +60 down rules that will be have status down after 3*180s. After 1.5 hour more then 80% of the total rules are status ok :(. When I test the rule manually it says down but status is ok.

The status of the cpu and memory on this server is ok.

Is there something that I miss?

Johan

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    1/ When was the last check performed for those being OK, after you pulled out the network card?

2/ Can you replicate the behaviour with the PINGAVG check - to exclude caching issues on OS level?

3/ Are you sure that you have not set the alert option to only alert on value?
  • Johan.WautersJohan.Wauters
    1 I can't fiend the "last check" information (=last up?)

- "last down" information says a week ago after the second time I disconnected the network card.

2 should I replicate all 60 rules to pingavg?

3 option = alert every status change --> this is for all rules
    1/ Last up is indeed the time

2/ Not yet

3/ There is an option "Only alert on value" is that set to no or yes?

What do you get when running in debug mode?
    3 "none" is selected for all ping rules, other rules are depending on the ping rule.

debug mode?
    What is next step? I have the debug files.

http://www.mantha.be/debug.zip

file 1 is with network cable

file 2 without network cable

What do you see in those debug files in terms of your specific PING check that should fail or what PING should fail that are not failing.
    They are failing but status stays green (not checked all of them). E-mail notification wil not send a mail on a green status.
    Please give us an example (rule name) of a check that has an OK status on screen but DOWN in the log file
    I went through your debug02.txt and checks like:

# 3 Wed Nov 29 13:26:33 2006 1160467553973PING - OK - Connection to host timed out - 1

This means that it got an OK, last error was connection to host timed out and 1 is the response time in ms.

indicate that it still gets a reply from the server...

A whole bunch of other checks are having the HALT status because they depend on another one not being available.
    I think it is going to be hard to do it via the open forum as it is still unclear to me as to what the situation is. It seems that the situation is provoked manually and is not an actual issue right now at hand.

If you have a valid support agreement, then please login into the online helpdesk and reference to this thread. A support engineer will then be assigned.
This discussion has been closed.