Mass edits

tdanseytdansey
Hi.

Now that we have the opportunity to scan a device and add rules to all or some of the ports found, is there a way to edit the rules that are added en masse (and others for that matter)?

All of our rule names format to "name of site, client name device port" i.e. SG Stellar ADSL router 443" so I want to take the "TCP PORT name of device" rules that the scan adds and edit them. Thsi will alow me both to sort them in the order that we need and also the alerts arrive at our support desk software and are sorted by the first few characters into their groups.

I know that I can alter the .conf file to do some of this, but has anyone tried importing this file into a spreadsheet using the delimiters that SC uses and then exporting at the end of the editing?

The delimiters are already in place in the conf file so either reinserting them on export or keep them at the time of import making them occupy alternate columns.

Is this possible or are there other factors to consider? I appreciate that the rule reference numbers may have to be preserved.
This discussion has been closed.