errors when configuring webpage

HakimHakim
Hi, I have the following question:

When I create a simple monitoring rule (e.g. www.google.com). I get error codes like 8, 9, 10 12 & 982.

Can you tell me where to find the specification for these error codes?.

The idea her is if I can setup 1 site then the others shouldn't be a problem. Unfortunatlly I got stuck with the first website.

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Are you talking about error codes or response times?

Value returned is the response in ms as per help file.

If these are error codes, then can you copy paste the content of the screen output when clicking on test settings?
  • HakimHakim
    As per your request:

Testing Settings

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The check has been performed.

Error returned: UNKNOWN

Value returned: 982

Click here for common error messages and tips on settings

The value returned differs with every check

Have you defined a string to find in the field defined for it or just left it blank?

URL checking works with content search:

"The url check will retrieve a web page from the indicated location and check if the defined content can be found in the HTML Source.

String matching is case sensitive."
  • HakimHakim
    Thanx it is case sentive indeed ;-)

2nd problem is when I want to monitor the site: https://smient.elmoweb.nl/mobicare/p40/downloads

When I try to open the page in Explorer I get a redirect page en then a login screen.

Is this a problem for ServersCheck, as I receive the following:

The check has been performed.

Error returned: The certificate authority is invalid or incorrect
    It is not a default certificate (proably you get a warning in your browser too), as a result the error is returned
  • HakimHakim
    Ok so i have 2 problemes

1. Certificate: I have contacted the supplier for this.

2. Redirect: Can I configure the ServersCheck to get past the redirect page?.
    Redirect means that the server redirects to another url. You would want to check the landing url and not the one redirecting you.

Login data unless they are in the query string can not be passed on to the check
This discussion has been closed.