s-graphs.exe eating up 96% cpu time

chris_soukupchris_soukup
Hi,

I'm using serverscheck for about 2 years now. However I have always to struggle with a strange problem that reappears after several weeks/months of continuous running and forces me to do a reinstallation from scratch.

I'm currently using version 5.10.1. The symptom of the problem appears like that:

- The PC where serverscheck is running suddenly appears to be very slow.

- In Taskmanager the process called s-graphs.exe eats up 96% of cpu time.

- As far as I remember the generation of graphical reports (e.g. for temperature) doesn't work anymore - the curve is not existent.

- A reboot of the machine doesn't really solve the problem

- The starting time of the Monitoring service takes very very long

- The graphsqueue folder has over 126.000 files which consume about 326MB of diskspace - that sounds really strange.

- There are several instances of rrdtool.exe in the process list which become more and less every second (this might be normal)

After deleting all files from folder graphsqueue the system seems to calm down and runs smooth again.

BTW: The PC's os is Win XP SP2 (updated)

Is there anything I could do to avoid graphsqueue getting bloated again? Where could be the source of this problem?

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    5.10.1 is an old version and no longer supported.

Upgrade to 6.10.2, you will see that in terms of graphing a lot of changes have been implemented. See release notes for more info: http://www.serverscheck.com/release.asp

Startup time is influenced by the number of checks being defined and equals to 1 sec per rule on average.
This discussion has been closed.