E-Mail Config

AndrewTAndrewT
In E-Mail settings changing any of the settings has no effect and when you go back into e-mail settings they are all back to default. This is ver 7.0.3

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    After changing a setting you need to click the button

"UPDATE EXTERNAL MAIL SETTING" (in the event that you are using an external mail server).

Users who faced the issue in 7.0.1 have all confirmed that it is now gone.
  • AndrewTAndrewT
    You don't get chance too. As soon as you choose outgoing SMTP relay Server on the drop down menu, the screen changes. It says configuration file has been succesfully updated and there is a back button. Clicking on back takes you to the General settings page. click back on email settings and nothing has changed, it comes up with the defaults again!
    The drop down switches between Internal mail server and Outgoing mail server.

Once you have chosen this, you then see the settings for the option selected in the drop down.

Modify the settings and click on the UPDATE EXTERNAL MAIL SETTINGS.
  • AndrewTAndrewT
    Choosing either outgoing mail server or outlook from the drop down doesn't change the settings on the page. All you get is a back button which when pressed throws you out to the General settings page.

Even changing the settings that appear as default for internal mail server has no effect. If you make a change say to the from address click on Update mail settings then click on Back. Go back into email settings the from address is as it was!
    There is something wrong because there is no "Back" button on the pages you indicate in release 7.0.3

Can you please copy paste the first line of your serverscheck.conf file and tell me what settings you want. I will then have someone update that configuration to your need and then you can simply replace the first line and save the file.
  • AndrewTAndrewT
    Problem has been solved but I think you might want to check your software downloads. If you download the full installer and then do the software update you get the above problem. If you download the trial version and let the software update as it downloads then the e-mail settings work fine?????
This discussion has been closed.