Memory leak

jacobsenmjacobsenm
Hi, I installed ServerCheck 7.1.0 two days ago.

I had problems already that messages where send out for an alert and when the device was ok, I did not get an email that all was fine again. It happened more than once with v7.1.0

Furthermore, and that is the biggest problem:

The new component "monitoring_threads2.exe" is eating up all my memory.

It started arround 40 MB and when I checked after a day it was consuming 228 MB of memory, resulting that my machine was out of virtual memory.

Since this was on a production machine, I reverted back to version 7.0.4, which is working well

Thanks

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Depending on the number of rules, the new version requires more RAM due to the fact there are less disk I/O's and that more checks a minute can be performed.

Memory usage of 228 MB is normal and not a leak. A leak would mean that it continously grows.

The amount you state is well below the recommended configuration as per requirements on our site (same as we had for the Enterprise edition).

Regarding alerting: run in debug mode and simulate the alert.
  • AdministratorAdministrator
    We have found one issue related the ODBC calls. By opening a connection for each dataset we would not only lose performance but ODBC does not release the memory it has taken.

We are updating that process further to reduce the connections and only have one connection to the database server open.
  • jacobsenmjacobsenm
    I have upgraded to v7.1.1 and it looks good to me now. Glad it is resolved.

And good that you changed and made the DNS rule check more advanced !

Best regards
This discussion has been closed.