PERFCount Error

[Deleted User][Deleted User]
Hi Serverscheck

Do you have any timescale as to when the PerfCount monitor problem will be resolved?

I am using Serverscheck 7.1.3 Enterprise MX2 edition, and as raised before, when I setup a PerfCount check I get the following error:

Error returned: "ERROR: Performance counter retrieval failed with error code: ERROR: 800007D3 - The data item has been added to the query, but has not been validated nor

Will updating to 7.1.4 or resolve this?

I haven't seen this issue posted on the forum, is a problem in all versions?

Thanks

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    No the problem is not related to the ServersCheck software itself but has been reported on some Windows 2003

Microsoft has not got back to us nor any customers having contacted them regarding the issue.

The error message is returned by Windows and is undocumented which makes it hard to resolve.

But based on what other users reported, it seems to be security related. Typically you will see it work when doing it locally but when doing it remotely it will fail.
  • GregAGregA
    In 2003 make both ServersCheck services use a domain admin account instead of the local system account, it will then check perf monititors on another server correctly.

There may be other ways to do this but this worked for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Thansk for the reply - indeed it works!!

The Perf Counter is really handy, glad to have that working again.

Cheers GregA
This discussion has been closed.